Romans 12: 1. Therefore I exhort you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice - (alive) holy, and pleasing to God - which is your reasonable service. 2. Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God - what is good and well-pleasing and perfect. 3. For by the grace given to me I say to every one of you not to think more highly of yourself than you ought to think, but to think with sober discernment, as God has distributed to each of you a measure of faith. 4. For just as in one body we have many members, and not all the members serve the same function, 5. so we who are many are one body in Christ, and individually we are members who belong to one another. 6. And we have different gifts according to the grace given to us. If the gift is prophecy, that individual must use it in proportion to his faith. 7. If it is service, he must serve; if it is teaching, he must teach; 8. if it is exhortation, he must exhort; if it is contributing, he must do so with sincerity; if it is leadership, he must do so with diligence; if it is showing mercy, he must do so with cheerfulness. 9. Love must be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil, cling to what is good. 10. Be devoted to one another with mutual love, showing eagerness in honoring one another. 11. Do not lag in zeal, be enthusiastic in spirit, serve the Lord. 12. Rejoice in hope, endure in suffering, persist in prayer.
To restore: To bring back to its original state.
To revive: Restore to life or consciousness
Renew: Is from within(internal) inside your heart. Matt 12 ver 34: Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks
Looking at the Bible Passage:
Rom 12 Ver 2: Don’t Conform: pressure from outside(external): accommodate, comply with the norms and practices around you. **Change your Orientation. Change your attitudes, feelings,actions or beliefs You have the Word of God in you, let the Word guide and guard your heart to the will of God.
Rom 12 Ver 6: Grace: The grace of God is there for you and I. Ask for it: 2 Cor 9 Ver 8: 8 And God is able to make all grace overflow to you so that because you have enough of everything in every way at all times, you will overflow in every good work.
Which areas of your life are you struggling? Ask Him for that Divine Enablement-the grace.
Faith: You need to live a life of faith to receive the blessings and promises of God to you and your family: Heb 11 Ver 1: 1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see. Rom 10 Ver 17: 17 Consequently faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the preached word of Christ. All you need is faith as small as a mustard seed: Lk 17 Ver 6
How to Renew our Minds
1. The Word of God: Psa 119 Ver 104-105: 104 Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
2. Holy Spirit: The Comforter, our Guide and Guard: John 14 Ver 26: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Isa 30 Ver 21: 21 You will hear a word spoken behind you, saying, "This is the correct way, walk in it," whether you are heading to the right or the left.
3. Fellowship with other brethren: Heb 10 Ver 25: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Acts 2 Ver 42: 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
4. Prayer : 1 Thess 5 Ver 17: Pray without ceasing.
5. Make Conscious effort: Eph 4 Ver 22-25: 22 You were taught with reference to your former way of life to lay aside the old man who is being corrupted in accordance with deceitful desires, 23 to be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and to put on the new man who has been created in God's image - in righteousness and holiness that comes from truth. 25 Therefore, having laid aside falsehood, each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members of one another.
Benefits of Renewed Mind:
1. Prosperity: Psa 1 Ver 1-3: 1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
2. Spiritual Growth: Eph 1 ver 15-19: For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints,16. I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers,17. that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,18. having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,19. and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might
3. Closer walk with God: Col 1 ver 9-11: And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,10. so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;11. being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy;
Conclusion: Gal 5 ver 22-26: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23. gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.24. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.26. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Don’t t Conform but daily renew your mind with the word of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit.